Ever wonder how to add the perfect nutritional boost to your breakfast? Now more than ever there are so many super foods and breakfast boosters available to us that it can be hard to know which ones to use and how much!
I recently discovered The Smoothie Hunter on Instagram, and Verity (founder and owner) was kind enough to send me a sample of her product for review.
The Smoothie Hunter is a 100% natural product containing psyllium husk, chia seeds, milled linseed and rice bran. This means that it’s a great source of fibre, protein, omega-3 and calcium… not to mention, vegan and gluten free! You can add it to your smoothies (as the name suggests) or sprinkle it on your breakfast for the perfectly balanced nutritional energy boost. All this goodness comes in a cute resealable paper bag – quick and effortless for a meal in a hurry!
The prices are quite reasonable – $6.95 for 70g, $14.95 for 250g and $25.95 for 500g. The product tastes great on its own but is relatively unnoticeable when blended with something else. Plus it makes smoothies extra thick, which I personally love! I highly recommend The Smoothie Hunter if you’re looking for a superfood that doesn’t make you gag, break your budget or require any extra thought.
The first smoothie I made with The Smoothie Hunter was banana, mango and coconut – and it was pure bliss! Slightly sweet, refreshing and reminiscent of a tropical island, it was exactly what I needed after a long day at work.
– 1/2 c. frozen banana pieces
– 1 c. frozen mango pieces
– 2 tbsp. coconut yogurt
– 2 tbsp. The Smoothie Hunter
– 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
– 1 1/4 c. cold water *
1. blend all ingredients together, slowly adding water until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency
2. serve cold with sliced banana, flaked coconut and crunchy granola!
* Note: this amount creates a fairly thick smoothie (I ate mine with a spoon!). If you want something thinner, I would try 1 1/2 to 2 cups instead. Alternatively, if you wanted to use the recipe for ice cream, use only 1/2 to 2/3 cups.
— Daisy xx