Ever dream of having ice cream or cookie dough for breakfast? Well, you can!
Now I know what you’re thinking (Um… what?!). But in all seriousness, you can eat this big bowl of YUM at any time of the day – guilt free!
This recipe will make you feel like you’ve died and gone to foodie heaven. The banana cinnamon ice cream is smooth and creamy; sweet with a hint of warm spice. The peanut butter choc-chip cookie dough is salty, nutty and slightly sweet. Plus, with only a handful of ingredients, it’s super easy to prepare.
The ice cream is fairly self explanatory, but what’s the secret ingredient in the cookie dough?
I’m not even kidding.
AND – it’s finger-licking good! I promise you’ll never even notice!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
– 1 1/2 c. canned chickpeas (salt/sugar free, if possible)
– 2 heaped tbsp. natural peanut butter
– 1 tsp. vanilla powder or extract (optional)
– 2 1/2 tbsp. rice malt syrup (or other sweetener)
– 2 tbsp. coconut yogurt
– 1/3 c. cacao nibs
1. put chickpeas into a food processor and blend until they create a ‘flour’
2. add vanilla powder and yogurt; blend
3. add the peanut butter and sweetener and blend until smooth
4. if the mixture isn’t smooth enough, add small amounts of non-dairy milk until it creates the desired texture
5. spoon into a bowl and mix in the cacao nibs
6. cover with glad wrap and keep in the fridge until cold
7. serve with your favourite dessert, as a dip with fruit, or eat by the spoonful (I won’t tell!)
Banana Cinnamon Ice Cream
– 2 frozen bananas
– 2 tsp. cinnamon (or more, I personally like a lot!)
1. put the bananas into a blend and blend until creamy
2. add the cinnamon into the blender and fold in with a spoon, then blend until combined
3. spoon into a bowl and top with cookie dough, or whatever your heart desires! I marbled mine with a clean salted caramel sauce from Nicole Joy’s cookbook.
I hope you enjoy this not-so-naughty treat as much as I do!
— Daisy xx